The Warrior’s Way Fall/Commit Camp
When: June 27-28 and July 24-25
Sponsored by Colorado Mountain School
Description: This camp addresses the fear of falling and helps you to improve commitment. We’ll practice falling, movement, and resting exercises and apply all learned skills to a challenging route. We’ll do this in small increments creating appropriate progressions for each individual student. You’ll leave with a structured method for taking appropriate risks with diminished fear.
- To fall safely
- To give a cushioned belay
- To distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- How to engage no- and yes-fall zones
- To break a climb into smaller risk events
- Better risk assessment
- How to rest effectively
- To improve breathing
- To trust the body
- To create flow and momentum
- To commit more deliberately
- To reduce fear
- Minimum 6 months climbing experience
- Climb a minimum of 5.9 in the gym without falling
- Being able to lead climb is not required. However, if students want to lead during the clinic they must get lead experience PRIOR to the clinic date. A great way to do this is to go through the lead certification process at their local gym.
Read Espresso Lessons with emphasis on Preparation and Action Chapters, and the exercises in the Appendix for these chapters.
Equipment: Bring usual climbing equipment plus rope and draws (if you have these). A helmet is also required.
Instructor: Warrior’s Way trainer Madaleine Sorkin
- $350 for 2 days of instruction
- Space limited to 6
- When/Where: June 27-28 and July 24-25, 2015 (day 1 will be an evening session at BRC; day 2 will be an outdoor session at a crag in Boulder Canyon, Colorado)
- How: Contact Colorado Mountain School (800-836-4008 x3, firstname.lastname@example.org) or this LINK
Please call or email us for other questions you may have.
Arno: 615-406-3404, email@example.com