The Warrior’s Way Falling and Commitment Clinic
Jeff Lodas taught Warriors Way Falling and Commitment clinics in California in April.
Tour locations (register with the gym, except Planet Granite):
Registration links for Planet Granite: HERE
- Rocknasium (Davis), Thursday April 3 (6-10pm) (4 left)
- Planet Granite SF: Saturday April 5 (10-2pm) REGISTER (FULL)
- Planet Granite Sunnyvale: Sunday April 6 (10-2pm) REGISTER (FULL)
- Pacific Edge (Santa Cruz): Sunday April 6 (4-8pm) (3 left)
- Planet Granite SF: Monday April 7 (6:30-10:30pm) REGISTER (FULL)
- Sender One (Santa Ana): Wednesday April 9 (6:30-10:30) (Click on “Classes/Clinics” on left and scroll down to the ww clinic) (6 left)
- Mesa Rim (San Diego): April 10 (6-10pm) (2 left)
- Sender One (Santa Ana): Sunday April 13 (10-6pm) extended clinic (6 left)
WATCH VIDEOS FROM PREVIOUS CLINICS/CAMPS
Description: This clinic addresses the fear of falling and helps you to improve commitment. We’ll practice falling, movement, and resting exercises and apply all learned skills to a challenging route. We’ll do this in small increments creating appropriate progressions for each individual student. You’ll leave with a structured method for taking appropriate risks with diminished fear.
- To fall safely
- To give a cushioned belay
- To distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- How to engage no- and yes-fall zones
- To break a climb into smaller risk events
- Better risk assessment
- How to rest effectively
- To improve breathing
- To trust the body
- To create flow and momentum
- To commit more deliberately
- To reduce fear
- Minimum 6 months climbing experience
- Climb a minimum of 5.9 in the gym without falling
- Being able to lead climb is not required, however, if students want to lead during the clinic they must get lead certified at the gym PRIOR to the clinic date.
Read Espresso Lessons with emphasis on Preparation and Action Chapters, and the exercises in the Appendix for these chapters.
Equipment: Bring usual climbing equipment plus rope and draws (if the gym doesn’t provide these). A helmet is also recommended but not required.
Instructor: Jeff Lodas
Investment: Space limited to 6 per clinic
- $99 gym members; $119 non gym members
- Extended Sender clinic: $199 members; $219 non members
Please call or email us for other questions you may have.
Arno: 615-406-3404, firstname.lastname@example.org