Arno was interviewed by the Romanian organization called Blue Peregrine, which specializes in sharing performance training with the world. The interview is in English, recorded on zoom, and viewable in 3 video parts.
Below are topics that were discussed:
- Proprioception: how important is it when climbing or when doing any sport activity?
- Motivation: internal or external; under or over motivation; what role does it play?
- Is climbing a form of escapism, of avoiding responsibilities?
- Ego: does it make us do things that are considered not ethical?
- Power: illusion versus real; what is real power?
- Stress: do we want to get rid of stress? Is there anything positive about stress?
- Knowing that perfection doesn’t exist, what would the portrait of the ideal climber be?
- Why keep climbing if all we do, after all, is conquer the uselessness?
- Being a warrior means we are at war? What are we at war with?
- How does learning how to fall make you a better climber?
- Climbing is a sport of endurance. How can we stay focused on long tiring routes?
- How do we take care of our mental fitness?