How do you react when you are pumped and doubting your ability to commit to the next several moves? Many climbers lose commitment and won’t make the moves because they over-think when climbing.
To stay committed you to need to stop at rest stances and think through the risk.
Then you need to make an appropriate risk decision (go or no go. Can I fall here or can I not fall here) and commit completely to taking action on that decision. That is the emphasis of this sport climbing mental training camp.
This one to two-day sport climbing mental training course helps you figure out where you can and can’t fall; how to keep from pumping out right at the anchors; and makes sport climbing more relaxed when on the sharp end.
Your Warrior’s Way trainer teaches skills and techniques which apply to all climbing grade levels. As wanted, the trainer can teach 5.11 and higher techniques and mindsets for those climbing in this ability range.
I’ve always considered myself an intuitive climber but after one day with Warrior’s Way, I made a startling realization. In moments of hesitation, instead of listening to my body and going with the flow, I start to over-analyze and doubt myself. We worked through movement drills, breathing, and mental practices that helped harness my analytical energy and translate it into intuitive movement.
-Nina Williams, pro-climber
You’ll learn to:
- Become aware of your mind’s limiting tendencies (like thinking you’ll clip the chains)
- Distinguish between no-fall and yes-fall zones
- Rest efficiently to avoid the pump
- Develop flow and momentum to make climbing easier
- Deal with mental stress before, during, and after the climb
- Improve problem-solving skills for better route finding and beta sequences
- Make and stick to appropriate risk decisions
- Use your intelligence to do effective risk-assessment
- Reduce fear when pushing yourself
- Make climbing more fun
- Able to sport climb 5.9 in a gym with no falls
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 9 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year
Your course trainer can customize this sport climbing focused course to spend more (or less) time on topics of your interest and experience.