Develop better mental focus for leading trad routes. Learn to trust your cams and nuts and hand/fist jamming ability.
We work with you to develop this trust by falling on gear in progressive stages, teach how to move continuously when jamming, how to do quick and precise gear placement, and improve mental focus through application of the Warrior’s Way.
You will finish this course comfortable with trad gear placement, styles of movement when climbing cracks, and an improved mental ability for trad climbing (and falling on gear).
- To place and assess trad protection
- Trad jamming skills
- Trusting trad gear by falling on it
- Assessing risks effectively, allowing you to take appropriate risks
- Improve commitment and mental focus
- Improve safety awareness
What we won’t be covering:
- Equalizing anchors
- Multi-pitch transitions
- Other basic trad skills
- Able to lead 5.8 sport, or top-rope 5.9 with no falls
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 6 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year
- Some experience following or leading trad routes