- This event has passed.
Boulders Climbing Gym, WI – Falling & Commitment Gym Clinic
September 20, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Leave feeling comfortable how to fall, relax, rest effectively, and how to commit to the moves. Time frame: 4-hour clinic.
You’ll learn how to:
- Fall safely
- Give a dynamic (cushioned) belay
- Break a climb into smaller risk events
- Assess risks effectively
- Distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- Engage no- and yes-fall zones appropriately
- Make appropriate risk decisions
- Improve body and mind awareness
- Rest effectively
- Improve breathing
- Create flow and momentum
- Deal with climbing stress
- Commit more deliberately
- Reduce fear, and more
- Able to toprope 5.8 in a gym with no falls
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 6 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year
How to Register
Call Boulders Climbing Gym to register for this clinic.