- This event has passed.
New River Mountain Guides – Falling & Commitment – Trad Camp
May 30, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Develop trust in your trad gear and jamming ability.
You’ll learn to:
- To place and assess trad protection
- Trad jamming skills
- Trust trad gear by falling on it
- Assessing risks effectively, allowing you to take appropriate risks
- Improve commitment and mental focus
- Develop flow and momentum
- Improve safety awareness
- Improve problem-solving skills as related to placing gear
What we won’t be covering:
- Equalizing anchors
- Multi-pitch transitions
- Other basic trad skills
- Able to lead 5.8 sport or top-rope 5.9 with no falls
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 6 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year
- Some experience following or leading trad route
Click the signup button above to join this course.