- This event has passed.
The Crag, South Nashville, TN – Applied Mental Training in Bouldering
October 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
You’re halfway up the boulder problem, pumped and not sure if you can make the next move. Should you commit and risk a fall or just jump off now while you’re safe?
Such situations are typical in bouldering and we all struggle in them. What’s the solution? You need to figure out how to answer that question about committing or not. This mental training clinic for bouldering will help you do that and much more.
What you’ll learn
- Defining the “fall line” on boulders to determine appropriate falls for you
- How to fall properly
- Using body tension, precise foot placements, breathing, and eyes to stay focused
- Using static, deadpoint, and dynamic moves
- How to get into the mindset to work a problem
- How to shift into a different mindset to send a problem
- Focus attention, diminish fear, and more
Time frame: 4-hour clinic.
- At least 6 months of continuous bouldering experience within the last year
How to Register
Sign up online through The Crag – South Nashville for this clinic.