- August 4-5, October 6-7 (contact New River Mt Guides)
The Warrior’s Way – Falling and Commitment Camp
This training camp addresses falling directly to help improve commitment.
You’ll do progressive falling practice, followed by movement, breathing, resting, and body/mind awareness exercises. Finally, apply everything to a goal route.
Leave understanding how to take appropriate risks and how to commit to those risks.
You’ll learn how to:
- Fall safely
- Give a dynamic (cushioned) belay
- Break a climb into smaller risk events
- Assess risks effectively
- Distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- Engage no- and yes-fall zones appropriately
- Make appropriate risk decisions
- Improve body and mind awareness
- Rest effectively
- Improve breathing
- Create flow and momentum
- Deal with climbing stress
- Commit more deliberately
- Reduce fear, and more
- Consistently able to toprope 5.9 in a gym with no falls or hanging on the rope
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 6 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year
Read Espresso Lessons with emphasis on Preparation and Action Chapters, and the exercises in the Appendix for these chapters.
Bring usual climbing equipment plus rope and draws. A helmet is also required.
The cost for each camp varies based on the hosting guide service.
Below are approximate costs.
- $450: 2-day camp
- $225: 1-day camp
- Space limited to 4 or 6 climbers depending on the location